Over the weekend I started making a Terror Bird Egg. For those of you that don't know what a Terror Bird is, I suggest doing a little research. Hint: They are probably one of the most terrifying birds to step foot on this planet.
I started forming it before really thinking about how the project would shape up, so I used a paper and tape base and started coating it in Durham's Rock Hard Water Putty. After completing my work for the evening I realized it probably wasn't the best choice in materials, but I had already put the effort into it I couldn't turn back.
After a couple more days of work it is turning out more as planned.
Today, while waiting for layers of water putty to dry, I began forming Kudu Antlers out of tinfoil. Once I got the desired shape, I wrapped them in tape and began the water putty process for them too. The more I work with it, the more I am learning how it reacts and I'm digging it.
Once I finish with the water putty layers, I plan to coat the sculptures in wax to reach the desired colors and finalized forms. I'll probably have to do some carving of the wax to complete the fine details. Check back to see the progress!
Words and Stuff.
Here you will find Kim's musings, thoughts on art related topics and the most current updates on her work.