I figured it was time to put some updated photos of the progress I have made on my kudu antlers. I added about 5 more layers of water putty and 3 layers of wax. Might still add another layer of wax, but I'm not sure yet. I added ridges to the antlers, I don't think kudu's have such defined cross ridges, but I thought it added to the piece. So I guess now these are more like an antelopes antlers than kudu.
I also designed the mount that I want to attach them to. Since I had the foam, I carved out the centerpiece where the antlers will rest. The next step is searching for wood and figuring out what material I want to cover the foam. I am thinking some sort of leather.... we'll see what happens!
Words and Stuff.
Here you will find Kim's musings, thoughts on art related topics and the most current updates on her work.